Monday, March 15, 2010

New Van

Well, it's new to us. We found a 9 passenger Kia Carnival, also known as the Sedona in the states. It's about the only vehicle in Korea that you can find used that will fit all of us in it, plus a few other people. AND with a 9 passenger we will be able to drive in the bus lanes on the weekends, if we make sure we have at least 6 people in the car. It's pretty nice. I'm studying for the drivers test. I have to wait for one of Ken's commanders to write up a memo saying it's okay for me to get a license to drive. Hopefully it will be done this week and I'll be able to take the test and start a new adventure driving here in Korea, land of the crazy drivers. I told Ken he was born to drive here. hehehehe We took our first trip in it up to Osan Airbase on Saturday evening. We found directions to the back gate and were able to get there without getting lost. Once we were on base is another story. It's HUGE compared to Camp Humphreys. And I couldn't remember which way we went once we got on base and I was the only one who had been there before. We ended up following another vehicle to somewhere where I recognized and to the BX area. We ate a Chili's and went to the BX. We had fun and it sure beat the 1 hour trip via bus, train, then taxi. We're happy to be mobile again, even if only one of us can drive. At least I don't have to wait on someone to pick me up to go to the store anymore. Here are some pictures. Ken was able to bring it home on the day it snowed. I didn't spend too long outside taking pictures because it was so cold.