We left again for Alabama Friday, Oct. 23rd, to spend one last night at my parents' house and drop Ken off at the airport in Dothan, AL. (They didn't want to do the extra paperwork so that he could fly out of Orlando even though it would have been cheaper.) We dropped Ken off Sunday morning at 3:45am on Oct. 25th. He will arrive in Seoul, South Korea Monday, Oct. 26th at 4:20pm their time. I believe we're about 12 hours behind them, due to crossing the date line and such. The kids & I left Dothan right after dropping him off. We got home around 11:30am EST. It was honestly one of the best car rides the kids have ever made. I don't think I had to get on them about fighting at all. Maybe once, in 6 hours, in a car where we are currently packed tighter than sardines when we get in.
In other news, the kids and I are stuck waiting. and waiting. We can't do anything until we get our passports/visas. We also can't do anything until we get the amended orders that have us on there correctly. The lady at Ft. Rucker that Ken was working with was no help (who's surprised at that? Not me.) and told us she was waiting on the people in Korea. We're praying and hoping and wishing on stars and everything else, that Ken will be able to take care of it and push things along while he's waiting for us. Hopefully by the time we get there, he'll have housing and such squared away. But there's YET ANOTHER catch. All this has to happen before the end of the year because . . . .
I'm pregnant . . . . again. (Due April 4th) 4th and last kid. Trust me. L-A-S-T! If we do not get to move before the end of the year, there is a GREAT possibility that my doctor will ground me and not allow me to fly in the last trimester. So that's the news here. We will continue to try to pack and get rid of as much stuff as possible, but we're back to the waiting game. It doesn't ever seem to end. We know this was the right decision, but why was it right? We haven't had enough good experiences to have figured that out yet. We'll let you know when and IF we do.

1 comment:
Welcome to the Army. I remember my Air Force friends having problems with parents having to "run around and wait" a lot. You will find out why this is the right thing to do, but God likes to make sure you'll appreciate it when it happens. He's sadistic that way. ;) I'm sorry to hear about Kens back. I have back problems myself. Be careful with back surgery. It can actually make things worse. Depending on what the problems are. I have a massage therapist/chiropractor work on mine. It's helped tons, because he moves the bones, then works on the muscles to keep the bones where they need to be. I highly recommend going that route first for back problems. Physical therapy can be his friend too. Just make sure that you have a massage therapist AND a chiropractor. I know this will work out. I will pray that you'll get to leave soon, too.
Naomi
Post a Comment