Thursday, September 17, 2009

Update

I know it's been over 2 weeks since the last post. There has been much going on, but at the same time not much progress. Anyone who knows how the military works, even remotely, will understand this. I have been trying to go through things and figure out what to sell, take with, and store. I now have a tower almost ceiling high in the dining room mostly just of Cathryn's old clothes and the baby boy stuff that James has grown out of. And I haven't even begun to go through the kids' toy box or the hall closets. I'm planning on having a yard sale on the 26th of this month. Any and all proceeds will go towards winter/cold weather clothing for the kids. James needs a coat, Blake needs a hat and gloves, and Cathryn needs gloves. All need pants and extra shoes and that kind of stuff. We ALL are going to have to get totally new wardrobes before/when we move. That's what happens when you have lived in Central Florida for over 9 years and the farthest north your kids have EVER been is Southern Alabama.

On the subject of Ken's orders and when we ACTUALLY leave, we still don't know yet. Ken's been trying to get all the medical stuff (vaccines, signatures, etc.) taken care of, while still going to class. He also has to get dental forms signed. He has to get all the paperwork done before he can get his actual orders. The date of November 7th was just a guideline for the Army. If something happens to Ken, and he is not able to complete school and all this stuff by that date, his report date will get pushed back. Meanwhile, we have found out the Transportation office won't even LOOK at tickets for any of us if we do not have Ken's orders AND the paperwork for passports started with them. Also, they could ship Ken off whenever they want if he does not require a passport. Meaning I would be traveling to a foreign country halfway around the world with 3 kids, when I've only been on a plane trip 3 times in my life. Very daunting. So, everything is on hold until Ken can get his medical/dental stuff done and gets his orders. His projected graduation date is still October 2nd, but that could change (we found out today). They are doing a new system and Ken's class is the first to go through it. Ken said that they were still on schedule to graduate Oct. 2nd, but he will keep us posted in case anything changes.

We also had someone come and look at the house on Sunday afternoon. The landlord said she would let us know if the lady wants it or not. I'm just praying we find out something for sure, anything, about when we leave so we can let the landlord know what is going on. I hate hanging by a thread all the time. I'm not a patient person. Anyone who knows me well, knows that. I have found myself resisting the urge to get out new projects and start them. I know it's just an excuse to procrastinate. So that's the update here. We don't know anymore than that. Keep us in your prayers.

1 comment:

Brent Danley said...

Thanks for the update. You're going to love shopping in Korea (I did).

I think of Ken every time I play Flight Control on my iPod. ;)