We got a letter for Ken this week. We still don't have an address. He sent it before he get it. We should be getting one soon. The kids' pictures and notes are piling up on a corner of the desk, not to mention the running letter I have going for him. It sounds like Ken is doing good. He said that by last Thursday (the 26th) the should have been over the 'hump' and into the actual training. He's been in reception this whole time and it's been a lot of getting up early and waiting. He did say they told him that the 'wish list' (your list of the top 3 post picks) was done away with after 9-11. So we don't get to pick. He also found out that there are only 13 bases they send new recruits to right off the bat. Of those 13, 4 are Hawaii, Alaska, some where in Europe, and Korea. I told him before he left that I did NOT want Alaska. I need to worked farther north slowly, so my blood has a chance to thicken up as we go. Of course the Army will have different ideas. It sounds like he's keeping his head down and trying not to draw attention. He did find out that graduation from basic will be on a Thursday or a Friday, but they don't have a date yet. They also get 12pm-8:30pm the day before to spend with visitors. So, that's about all the info we have for now on Ken.
As for the kids & me, we've been keeping semi-busy. I took them to the park one day this week after Blake got out of school. Blake was out of school for a teacher work day yesterday so we went Easter shopping. I think the only thing we didn't find was a green tie for Blake. Cathryn picked out a green dress. (No, I am not sewing hers this year. Too much right now with James into EVERYTHING!) I did find some khakis and a green polo for James. So, I guess they've decided that the color is green this year. I'm hoping to get their pictures taken in the outfits after Easter. They played in the sprinkler this afternoon for a while. Things have pretty much been like normal, only without the little breaks Ken would provide when he would come home for lunch and dinner. The main change in our (my) routine is that I have to get up and take Blake to school every morning. That was something Ken did before he left. Since James likes to get up and eat at 6:30 most mornings, it hasn't really been a problem. So, that's about it. I just thought I would update everyone on the uneventful happenings around here.

1 comment:
Thank you for the update, Heidi. It's nice to know he and you are doing well.
Post a Comment