I think one of my favorite things to do is put the Christmas tree up and decorate it. I remember Mama sitting on the couch going through all the different boxes of a TON of ornaments. She would pass then out to us when we were younger. We always had multi-colored lights and real trees, for the most part. That was always an interesting field trip: going to pick the tree up. I remember going one year in high school when it was raining, but we didn't find anything. A friend of ours had tagged along and wanted to participate, but we didn't have a tree. So, he went and "found" one for us. I don't remember where he got it, and I probably don't want to. He just showed up at the door with it and asked for help. I'm sure Daddy or one of my brothers went with him, but I don't remember. Anyway, it was always a big deal to get the tree and set it up. It was a night full of fun and silliness. I hope it can become a great memory for my kids also. So, we set up the tree last weekend. The kids had fun going through the older ornaments that Ken & I inherited from our parents. Plus putting up their own special ones. We only put up half of the tree again this year. If we put up the whole thing, we wouldn't be able to put anything on top. Toward the end, Cathryn was tired and had her hands in front of her face for the family picture. I told her numerous times to put her hands down, but she just got upset and 'hid'. Hence, the last picture of the back of her. We listened to Christmas music and sang along to some of them. James seemed to like the lights and all the different colors. It's Christmas time!! YAY!!


No comments:
Post a Comment