Saturday, June 28, 2008

Summer Days (evenings)

I finally got the kids to go outside this evening, about 7pm. They wanted to ride bikes in the carport, but Blake's bike was blocked by Ken's bike. So, I talked them into doing the next best thing: THE SPRINKLER!!! As always, Cathryn was hesitant, but I got out there and showed her that the water wasn't cold. She was running through it like a pro with Blake.

Blake likes to improvise a 'water slide' whenever he plays in the sprinkler. They were both covered with grass from the knees down because Ken just cut the grass a few days ago. I'm glad Cathryn got over her fear of the water spray. Now maybe they'll do it more often.
Cathryn says the best part of playing in the sprinkler is jumping over it (which she does with her eyes closed so she won't get water in them). Blake says the best thing about playing in the sprinkler was using his imagination pretneding they were bears. (I don't know where he gets that from!)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

McFarland Family said...

Love the water slide. My kids figured that one out in conjunction with their small pool. Putting the landing part into the water. I was quite impressed.