Happy Father's Day to all the dads!! Our Father's Day was pretty busy. We started out the morning with the kids waking us up bright and early to give Daddy his gifts. The Primary Presidency in our ward had the kids bring ties the first Sunday of the month to decorate. If the dad had more than one kid, he was supposed to wear ALL the ties at the same time. Needless to say, there were a couple of VERY decorated dads in our ward on Sunday. Cathryn decorated the red tie, and Blake did the blue tie. Blake made the picture in Pre-K before they got out for school. The kids were very excited to see Ken wear 2 ties at once. They even made one for the bishop to wear!! The rest of the day was spent at Nana & Hey Pop's for lunch, dinner, and dessert. In between, Ken, Cathryn, & I went to the hospital for my weekly NST they're still making me do. It was a good day. I got Ken a package of Mint Oreos. He always complains that I never leave any for him (and I don't), so I got some for him. After dinner, we came home and had a short FHE. Then, we watched a family movie the kids wanted to watch with Daddy.
I would just like to say that father's are wonderful. I have always been a daddy's girl. I miss the days when all Daddy had to do was give hugs and kisses and everything was right with the world. I am thankful for my father's influence in my life and all that he has worked hard to teach us. I am also thankful for the example my father-in-law has set for my husband. Hey Pop has been a wonderful support since we got married. They are both great, wonderful, and amazing grandfathers to our children. I can only hope that we do as well with our kids. Thank you to all the fathers and all the sacrifices they give for their families.


No comments:
Post a Comment