Thursday, July 14, 2011

Alphabet Game

It's been raining for probably 2 weeks straight here.  We're getting a little tired of it.  The kids have been going stir crazy, but there are not that many inside places for us to go to let them run around and get the wiggles out.  So, last night, I had a brilliant idea!!  In order to keep them from running around willy-nilly until bedtime after dinner, I came up with a game.  Blake, Cathryn, & James (with some help) had to go through the house and find an object that started with the letters of the alphabet in order.  One at a time.  So for 'A', Blake came back with apple juice, Cathryn got an apple, & James got a toy avocado.  I made the older 2 spell it.  And they couldn't announce what they had until everyone was seated in front of me.  Everything (except people) in the house was up for grabs.  It lasted about an hour, hour and half maybe, until it was time to get ready for bed.  They got to run around, but it was somewhat organized running around, with a purpose.  They got creative, and some were just silly.  We might have to do it again, with no repeats from the time before.  They had fun doing it too!!  Great rainy day activity!!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

good idea Heidi! I think we're going to have to try that one!