We had a full and fun couple of weeks! Nana & Hey Pop flew in on the Friday before Easter. The Easter Bunny came that night and left the kids candy. We made cookies for him to nibble on because we forgot to buy carrots. We took them to the street market, a Korean Folk Village, the Seoul Temple, the KATUSA snack bar (Korean restaurant on post) a few times, a store called Home Plus (kind of like Walmart), went to the airbase and bought Nana some pottery, went to Chili's celebrated Blake's 8th birthday, and did Blake's baptism. We are so happy they were able to come, even with Hey Pop's fractured ankle. We were able to borrow a wheelchair for him to make it easier to get around. That was a real blessing. I don't know what we would have done without it! I'm just sorry the weather didn't cooperate more. It had been warming up before they got here, but it cooled down and ended up being really rainy for this time of year. It went by really fast, but we were so happy to have them here and show them a little of where we live and what it's like. There are many pictures and videos so I will have to break it up in a few different posts. Thank you so much for coming and we'll be seeing you soon!!!

Seoul Temple, April 2011
It was a gloomy day, but the pictures turned out okay.
Ken & Heidi in front of the temple.
Richard & Patsy in front of the temple. We wanted to get one with them & the temple in one shot. I think I did pretty good. :)
Takeout box from On the Border with Patsy's leftovers. :) We thought the box was neat. It was made out of recycled paper.
YUMMY apple crisp dessert. They brought it out without the caramel, then poured caramel sauce over top and it sizzled all over the plate; hence the bubbles. IT was SO GOOD!
Stay tuned for lots more pictures! Korean Folk Village coming up next!
1 comment:
I would LOVE me some of that caramel!!!
Post a Comment