Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Sick

Sickness has been raging at our house.  I think the only ones who haven't gotten sick are Ken & Cathryn.  Last Wednesday I picked Blake up from school because he had a stomach bug.  He then passed that stomach bug to James & Tate and by Monday both were barfing.  Now, it's Wednesday again.  And I have it.  I have to say that being sick with older kids that can fend for themselves, or being sick with no kids, is 100 times better than being sick with 2 toddlers at home and Ken in the field until tomorrow, who knows when.  He left his phone home (one of the kids his it) so I have no way of knowing what time or if he'll need a ride.  Hopefully not because that would mean I have to get up and do something.  

Anyway, another reason for this post is to express how wonderful it is to meet people that you just click with as friends.  Our go-to babysitters/good friends have been wonderful.  She works as a substitute at the school on post and was able to get Blake & Cathryn and bring them home from school so I wouldn't have to go out to the bus stop.  I doubt I would have made it.  And all it took was a phone call and a text.  In addition to that, she brought them home, saw I was actually sleeping, and stayed to keep an eye on them.  Then she stayed longer and made them dinner.  Her and her husband then took the older 3 to Blake's basketball practice so I could have some quiet time before putting them to bed.  They are awesome.  She knows me well enough to know that I would never ask her to do all that.  She just volunteered.  The only people I would have asked would have been family.  But they're as close as family could be!  I am so thankful for close friends that help us out.  I just wish I could think of a way to pay them back.  Maybe sometime in our future Army careers we will be at the same post again (hopefully not Korea) and I'll be able to help with their kid, once they have one.  Help really is only a phone call away!

No comments: