Saturday, February 12, 2011

Birthday Pedicure

A friend suggested I try something called Dr. Fish.  I don't know what kind of fish they are, but they eat the dead skin off your feet.  That's their food.  A few of the salons here have them.  For my 30th birthday, I wanted to do something I'd never done before.  This was very interesting.  You wash your feet then sit on the edge of a big square tub.  You stick your feet in and keep them there for about 15 minutes.  All the while these fish are snacking on your feet.  It feels like a bunch of little pricks/pinches all at once.  Once you get past the ticklish sensation it's not too bad.  It's definitely an experience.  I had a pedicure afterwards.  It was a nice afternoon out with my Kindle and no strings/kids.  Thanks to my wonderful husband for keeping all the kids while I went and had some quiet time to myself.  It was wonderful!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linnea said...

I have heard about this! Sick. was it weird? Did you like the outcome? Happy Birthday!

Heidi said...

It was weird at first, but then I got used to it. I didn't expect the fish to be so big. I thought they would be smaller. If you do the fish before the pedicure, you don't soak your feet in the peditub before they start. I could tell my feet were smoother as soon as I got out. Not completely, but it didn't take much work with the pumice stone to smooth out the few rough spots left.