So we had the New Year too. I made meatballs in the crock pot with the grape jelly/chili sauce sauce, my bacon swiss cheese dip, and fruit salad. We all just snacked until we went to bed. Since we only have Korean TV and didn't want to watch the Disney channel (with Korean subtitles) we played games! Each of us picked a game. Bingo for Cathryn, CandyLand for James, Sorry for Ken, and Postcards from North America for me. There were only 1-2 meltdowns (one for Cathryn and one for Blake). This year was the first year we let the kids stay up until they deteriorated. James made it until about 9pm. Tate went down around 8pm, but got back up around the time James went to bed. I guess he just recharged his batteries. Blake & Cathryn made it until about 10:30pm, after which I shut off all the lights, turned on an episode of the show Ken & I are watching, and put Tate to sleep. No one made it to midnight. Or even close. Ken & I pooped out around 11pm. We were both up with James & Tate the night before, the 30th, ALL night. But that's okay. I think we're about 50/50 with the number of New Year's we've actually made it to midnight with. Ken took some video on my new camera, but I have yet to hook it up to the computer to download stuff, or even figure out how.
Anyway, we are now about 10 months away from our DEROS (Date Estimated Return Overseas) date. We should get temporary orders in the spring with a date and place, at least, so that we can start making arrangements for moving and be able to find out what's happening. We have also heard that since Korea is considered a hardship post (ha!) that we should have a bigger chance of getting the post we request first on our list of 3. Ken wants Ft Carson, CO. I want somewhere in the southeast so that we can be near family when/if Ken gets deployed. Other news on the Army wave length, Ken was told the Army has frozen re-enlistment for the time being. He was told they have to get rid of 22,000 soldiers in order for it to open up again. So, we can get put on a waiting list to re-enlist, and then we have the choice to take the next post they give us, or go back to the bottom of the re-enlistment list. I haven't heard anything else from Ken about it, but he gave me that info the week of New Year's. Ken's due to re-enlist March 2012, so we'll have 1 more post before that date. He is able to re-enlist now, if it weren't frozen. Oh well. We're praying a bunch of people retire. :) Or choose not to re-enlist and go civilian.
As far as any resolutions, getting James potty trained is near the top of my list. We're working on it. Well, I'M working on it. I would like him to be potty trained before Tate is potty trained. Hopefully that will happen. :)
We're looking forward to a new year, with some changes and adventure. We hope everyone's else is too!

1 comment:
Why do you want to come to CO? I mean, that's good for us, but it's cold and snowy and all that junk in Colorado!
Post a Comment