These are pictures of the market down the street from us. It's not very big, compared to the markets in the bigger cities. They have market days on the dates ending in 3 and 8, i.e. 13, 18, 23 and so on. The apples are wonderful, strawberries delicious, and when they are in season the clementines taste like candy! The donuts are good too. Mom and Dad were here for 2 market days, the 3rd and the 8th. We bought mostly fruit and food the first time. The second time just Mom and I went to grab some WONDERFUL fresh made donuts and some hats we call 'ajumma hats'. I'll have to take a picture of mine later, but the hats are big visors in bold prints. And 'ajumma' is an older lady, old enough to be married.
This is where we bought some awesome bananas.
The cookie tent. The guy has a ton of different cookies to choose from.
One of just a few fish stalls. The kids don't like to walk past them. Cathryn plugged her nose the whole way.
More fish.
More seafood. No, we don't try it. We've heard it can make you horribly sick. Plus, I'm not a big fish eater.
Mom, Cathryn, & I deciding what cookies to buy. (Tate too, since he's strapped to me.)
Korean Candy table. Lots of different kinds, but also lots of pumpkin flavored. The pumpkin flavored is not very good, in our opinion. You fill the basket with whatever kinds and however much you want, and the guy weighs it. Same with the above cookies.
We think this was different grains, sold by weight.
Walking through the market.
Still looking at candy, trying to figure out what kind it is.
This is a donut I bought the second time we went to the market. Looks good doesn't it? Well, it wasn't. It is not jelly, or anything a donut should be filled with. It is black beans. Mushed up black beans, inside a sugar coated donut. Yeah, not so great. It was only 50 cents.

1 comment:
So, I'm reading along loving the talk of donuts and candy and kind of ignoring the fish and junk. Thinking how much a good, soft, wonderful donut would be....then I get to the beans. Thanks for making it so I don't have to run out for a donut now. Yuck!!! Also, hilarious!!
Post a Comment