Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What to do, what to do . . . .

So, the only reason for the new post is because I'm bored out of my mind. I've been trying to catch up on a couple TV shows in the internet, but the videos aren't loading correctly. I have also put James down for a nap, washed the dishes, and swept and mopped the floor. Cathryn is sitting next to me watching Disney channel (the only English kids station we get) because she's grounded from all types of video games. It's torture for her. I've caught her at least twice trying to get onto a couple sites to play today. Oh well. She'll get over it and eventually learn that pens are for paper ONLY. Not the walls, herself, clothing, or anything else.

So here I am, sitting here, bored. It's almost time to go get Blake from the bus stop, but not quite. There is not enough time to lay down for a quick nap, because inevitably my 'quick naps' turn into not so quick naps. I have laundry to do, but I need to take a break because the Braxton-Hicks contractions are starting up again because of being on my feet too long. Eventually they will stop. When I eventually have this baby. Eventually. Sometime in the future. If I had a car I would probably get James up when it's time to go get Blake and take the kids somewhere. I don't know WHERE since I still don't know where any local stores are at, but I would go somewhere. But, since we haven't it made it to the car department, we're stuck. Like a stick in dried mud. Stuck and bored. We're supposed to be getting our shipment of stuff in the next couple weeks, if all has gone according to plan. I kind of wish they would keep it for the next 10 months so that we could find a more suitable (aka bigger) place to live. They're telling us we are #81 on the housing list, and that it could be up to 2 years. Well, why live on post then? Our time will be up, or about up by the time we get housing. Oh well. There's nothing we can do except wait, and wait some more, and wait some more. I'm hoping and praying that they will complete a big housing complex on post and let a bunch of us move in all at once. One can hope right? Anyway, I'm just rambling because of lack of adult conversation, or really any conversation at all. We have cell phones, but no one calls. We have Skype and sign in every time we're connected to the internet, but no one calls. So, I get to converse with a loud 18 month old who doesn't say that many words that anyone can understand and a 5 year old who doesn't like me very much. Email or Skype us to keep us posted on what's going on, whoever you are, wherever you are. We're pretty removed from everything. The only reason I know when the Super Bowl is going to be is because all the soldiers have the day off that day, since it's on Monday morning for us. Eventually . . . . now it's time for an ice cream sandwich to wash away my boredom and self-pity. :)

1 comment:

McFarland Family said...

Boredom and self-pity are regulars for me. That ice cream sandwich sounds like it might help. But anyway, what I was going to comment on is that neat baby growth button. That thing is very cool!