My birthday was on the 11th. This luckily coincided with the day our shipment was supposed to arrive. I say luckily because Ken was able to get the day off because of the shipment. This enabled me to sleep in while Ken got Blake up and ready for school and walked him to the bus stop. He also watched Cathryn & James and made sure they did not disturb me. It was quite nice not to have to get up at 6am and walk Blake to school in the dark and snow. Because a couple of inches of snow is what I woke up to. NOT the birthday present I wanted after having everything finally clear for over a week. It ended up warming up enough to melt it all into slush by that night. Later in the day Ken took Cathryn for a walk and got me lunch from a good chicken place and bought me the following flowers. James slept the whole time they were gone, and then some. So I was able to get in some quiet time for a bit. Neither of us could remember the last time Ken bought me flowers for anything. The last time I remember for SURE was for my birthday/Valentine's Day of 2005. Yeah. 2005. They are still alive, although barely, and they are beautiful.
Our shipment did not arrive until 4:30pm so that set us back a little with our plans. Instead of having the babysitter come here, we had to drop the kids off at their house and RUSH to base to catch the movie we (I) wanted to see. We made it to the theater about 5-10 minutes after the movie started. I think they started it a little early. We saw "The Blind Side" with Sandra Bullock and Tim McGraw. It was REALLY good. Even better was that it was free. :) After the movie we went to a little restaurant across from the base walk-in gate called Puffin. They serve "American" food there, like pasta, steak, salads, that type of thing. Ken thought they had authentic Korean food too, but they didn't. It was really good though. It was SO good to go somewhere without the kids for a while. Yes I do love them, but breaks are nice. :) So, the birthday was good. Another year down, who knows how many more to go.
My flowers.
The snow out our balcony windows. This was almost right after I got up. I wasn't about to open the door to get a better shot. WAY too cold for that early in the morning.

No comments:
Post a Comment