We're finally back from another trip to LA (Lower Alabama) to visit Ken, family, & friends. We started the trip on the 2nd by going up to see Ken for an EARLY dinner and play date with the kids. We walked around the PX (Post Exchange) and looked at different things, then ate in the food court. It ended up raining on our way to the parks next to the lake on base. We waited in the car and let the kids play on the wet playground anyway.
The rest of the week was spent just visiting family and friends. I took the kids to Jalisco's (the one in Evergreen, NOT the original), my fav restaurant. We met one of my high school friend's there. The next day we went to Pensacola to visit another friend. We hit a couple of museums, but were disappointed that the kid part of the 2nd museum was closed. Definitely have to go back again, after we call to make sure it's not booked. We did lunch at Chik-fil-a and let the kids play while my sister and friend swapped mission stories. Considering I never even made it close to the mission age, I put James to sleep in my lap and politely listened. :) They both went to South America. It was good to see all the friends and family.
Saturday, I left just after lunch WITHOUT the kids to go see Ken. Yes, I left ALL 3 KIDS with my parents. WOOHOO!!! First time for everything. I got to Ft. Rucker at 3pm and had to wait around and occupy myself (reading, walking around the PX again, sleeping) for 2 hours. They let Ken's Battle Tactic group go late because some gear got mixed up and everyone's gun wasn't clean. Around 5:15 I see this fully geared soldier running across the parking lot towards our car. It took me a minute to figure out it was MY soldier! Ken was so hot! (in both senses of the word). We spent Saturday and Sunday in Dothan, AL relaxing, watching TV, going to Target. We watched "The Proposal" and went to Best Buy. We had a good time together without the kids. I can't remember the last time that happened. So, that's how we celebrated 9 years of wedded bliss, as some people call it. :)
School is starting soon so another trip won't be for a while. Haven't unpacked the camera yet, so the pictures will be on a different post. No news on the Korea thing for Ken. We won't know anything until the last week of September. We'll let you know when/if we find out anything before then.

3 comments:
What is the "Korea thing"?
Brent, clarified it in another post because I don't know who Ken has told vs. not told.
Thank you, Heidi.
Post a Comment