Thursday, July 23, 2009

Rest of the Stay

The rest of the stay in Alabama consisted of a LOT of driving, seeing as how my parents are anti-social and live out in the MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. I guess I've been spoiled living in a small-er town with grocery stores, Wal-Mart, and such only 5-10 minutes away. We went to Brewton a lot, where the closest Wal-Mart OR grocery store is, not counting the gas stations. We picked up Ken the weekend of the 11th to again. After much ado about forgetting his wallet, he finally got back to the base Sunday evening, late. That's a story for another time though. Mama, the kids, & I went down to Ft. Walton to see her parents (aka my grandparents) one day for a couple of hours. It was a nice quite visit, if you don't count the thunder and rain. No use of the pool that day. I only got to go to Jalisco's (the BEST restaurant EVER) once, and it wasn't even the original location. That's okay. There will be other times. I accompanied Daddy to the hardware store, hosted a sleepover for the boys (Thomas, Blake, & James), and made homemade blueberry pound cake that didn't last the night. We had a little Harry Potter-athon. My little sister, Bonnie, & I went down to Pensacola (Yes, that's one of the CLOSEST theaters) to see HP6: Half-blood Prince my last night there. We all had a great time and hopefully they'll let us come back next month for a short stay. Hopefully we're not banned . . . :)

James chillin'. Cathryn in Papa's biker boots.

Blake's injured eye, courtesy of Cathryn. Here's the proof of the monster inside. Twin sleepers.

Cathryn enjoying Blue Bell Homemade ice cream and both of them playing at GGPTom's and GGM Mike's.
James taking a snooze on GGPTom during our visit. GGP loves the great-grand babies.

No comments: