Friday, June 12, 2009

Little River

While were visiting my parents and siblings in Alabama last/this week we were trying to come up with something that we could do with 8 kids, ages 9-10 months old. My sister-in-law had heard about Little River, near Atmore. I THINK I remember hearing about it from various people, but had never been there before. So, Monday morning, off we went!! Mom & Dad's house is in Range. (And for those of you who have never heard of it, you probably won't ever again.) My brother's family is in between Mexia (pronounced Mex-ee, and ditto on the previous statement on Range) and Monroeville. So, we met kind of in the middle. Little River is a nice quiet place with picnic tables, a playground, and lots of room to swim. James even enjoed being partially in the water, splashing first his right hand, then leaning over to splash his left hand. Cathryn was a beach ball hog, but she tried to share. Doesn't she look strong? :) The pictures are as follows: Blake & Thomas; Cathryn & Ellie; Me & James; Lorie, Ellie, Blake, Cathryn, & Thomas. The kids had a really good time swimming and having a picnic lunch and swimming some more. Maybe we'll make this a summer tradition. Cheap, fun, and did I say cheap?


2 comments:

McFarland Family said...

I thought we had all be to Little River when we were kids.
We camped there while I was big pregnant with Calvin. A while back.

Heidi said...

Mom said we had a couple of reunions there, but I don't remember.