Don't let the post from Ken fool you into thinking he's not fine. He really is. It turns out he's tried to call home the last 2 Sundays and missed us. I'm going to try to stick around this Sunday until he calls. The kids and I have been fairly busy for Blake's Spring Break. Well, it seems like it anyway. We went up to the Lakefront here in town with some friends. They wanted to do the splash pad, but it wasn't turned on. We ended up taking them to the beach right next to it (on the lake). Blake and his buddy got in the water and "swam" a little. The girls played in the sand. Cathryn didn't even take her shorts off, but she had fun playing in the sand. I had James in the sling, sleeping. A friend was there with her kids (among others) and had a low beach chair. She took pity on me and let me borrow it so I wouldn't be strained trying to sit with a sleeping baby in a sling. Thanks again Erika!! You saved the day!! The kicker of it all: We go to rinse the sand off and the splash pad is working!! No we didn't let the kids play more. We needed to go home. Maybe next time.
Today we dyed Easter eggs, went to Home Depot & JC Penney, and baked sugar cookies for the Easter Bunny, just like Santa likes. :) I guess they're pals and take notes from different houses. Tomorrow we have a ward Easter Breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt. The Easter Bunny comes tomorrow too. He comes on Saturday at our house so we can think about the REAL "reason for the season" on Sunday. I'll try to take pictures of those events and post them relatively quickly. Will post pictures of the cookies and eggs with that post. Can't find the camera. Off to welcome the Easter Bunny . . . IF the kids are asleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment