Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter 2009

We started Easter on Friday morning. We dyed eggs while James was taking a nap. Cathryn had picked out a Camo egg dye kit. It turned out kind nice. We made this basket of the eggs to take a picture of for Daddy(Ken). We're going to mail it to him. We made the Easter Bunny sugar cookies Friday afternoon. The kids did the decorations on most of them, and I frosted them.
The Easter Bunny came to our house Friday night/Saturday morning. He left clues for Blake and Cathryn, leading them on a scavenger hunt to find their Easter baskets. Blake's was behind the TV in the living room. Cathryn's was hiding behind the shower curtain in the bathroom. Since James is still small, his was just sitting on the couch next to the older kids' first clues. James got wagon wheel treats and puffs, along with the traditional Peeps and small candy bunny (that he will let Mom have of course). After the fun of the baskets wore off a little, it was time to go to the church for an Easter breakfast/Egg hunt. The food was good, but we ate outside and it was VERY windy. Blake kept trying to lay across the whole table as a tablecloth weight. While the kids played games (like basket tossing, Bunny Hop Sack race, and Pass the Egg), a few of the guys hid the eggs outside. Everyone got enough eggs and had fun.
Today, Easter Sunday, we went to church, of course. Before church, I propped the camera up and tried to get a few family pictures taken. The color this year was green. Cathryn picked out a light green dress. (No, I did NOT make it this year.) Blake got a new shirt, slacks, and green tie. James got a polo shirt and khakis. And I splurged and bought a new skirt with a green blouse. If Ken would have been here, he and Blake would have had matching ties. But I think he's wearing enough green for all of us right now!! After church we came home and waited for Ken to call. He didn't call by the time we needed to leave, so I looked up how to forward the phone. We went over to Richard & Patsy's (Nana & Hey Pop) house for ham and the fixings. Right before we were going to hide the Easter eggs, Ken called. He talked to each of the kids for a minute, then I got to talk to him for the remainder of the 10 minutes. He sounds like he's doing good. He said he didn't feel well today because he got too much sun yesterday. They were out at some place that didn't have any cover. No sunscreen either. We were glad to talk to him and hear he's doing good. I'm going to try to find a counter so that I know exactly how much time is left. Well, that was our Easter holiday, strung out over 3 days, but just a little each day, not a lot. We all had fun, and only a few minor meltdowns for all of us. Hope you all had a great Easter weekend!!


Posted by Picasa

No comments: