So I haven't posted anything in a while because nothing much has been going on lately. Ken's last day at UPS will be this coming Wed. and then Adios! His last day at the credit union will be on the 13th. His siblings are coming into town next week for his dad's 60th/Ken's farewell get-together. It should be fun and we're looking forward to seeing everyone. We drop him off at the recruiter's office on March 17th. From there he will get a ride to Tampa, where he will reside until reporting to Fort Benning. I don't think it's really hit the kids yet, but we are trying to cram in as much family time as possible before he leaves. I've been trying to talk him into going to Disney before he leaves, but haven't been able to. Our kids have never been. Yes, I said it. We have never lived anywhere else, and our kids have NEVER been to the parks. I guess we're not really Floridians. :o)
As far as anything else goes, James has been teething in FULL force lately. That means I have n't slept in my bed for a full night for a few days. The recliner in James' room is getting a lot of use. I'm hoping and praying that he will cut this tooth/these teeth and ben done with it for now. I hope he's not like Cathryn was; she did this but didn't get any teeth till 10 1/2 months old. James is officially crawling ALL over and pulling up on anything he can get his hands on, inlcuding the backs of my legs. Blake likes to 'rescue' me and pull James away so I can walk. That happens a few times a day. Since he's pulling up, that means he has taken a few falls and bumped his head on anything possible. I had to ice a bump the other day it was so big. He did NOT like that one bit!
Blake continues to do well in school. He brought home a ceramic bowl for me that he made in Art class. I think we may have a budding artist, but that's just my opinion. I keep forgetting to take pictures of it to post. Someday . . .
Cathryn is still Cathryn. She's taken to lying about things now. She just started one day. Now, everytime I hear her do something to Blake, she comes up with a whole different story that is not only in her favor, but also does not implicate Blake in anyway. It's getting ridiculous, but they are funny sometimes; especially when I hear the WHOLE thing that happened. Maybe she's our writer . . .
Anyway, I'm rambling because of lack of sleep. Those are the updates on everyone. We're surviving, so far, with minimal damage.

2 comments:
Nothing like a blog from a sleep-deprived mom. Lots of fun. I can't believe it's time for Ken to go.
I was surprised to learn your family hasn't been to Disney. I checked on one-day Park Hopper passed for our family of five...$589! No thanks.
Post a Comment