Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas was good this year. Thanks to some WONDERFUL friends who thought about us, we were able to have more gifts than usual for the kids. (Besides what Santa brought.) Blake got just what he wanted: the Banshee from the end of Mater & the Ghostlights on Cars. Yes, Blake is still obsessed with anything Cars oriented. Cathryn got a Pet Vet/Carrier, complete with puppy, stethoscope, otoscope, thermometer, food, bowl, vitamins, and other stuff to play vet with. She squealed she was so exicted. James got a Learn & Groove table (by LeapFrog) that we have to send back. It's advertised as "detachable legs", but Santa figured out Christmas Eve that they aren't REALLY detachable. He likes it when he's held up high enough to play with it though. Heidi got the book "Twilight" that everybody and their cousins are talking about, along with an electric fondue pot. Ken got "Batman Begins" and a cool puzzle with baseball penants all over it. He's already done with it. We all enjoyed unwrapping and playing and experimenting with all the toys and gifts. Ginger even got in on it with a new chain collar and some Beggin' Strips. After all the paper was done away with, and a chance to play with everything for a few minutes at least, we all went over to Nana & Hey Pop's for lunch and a nice visit. We watched Blake's new movie "Wall-E". Nana & I also tried to watch "Mama Mia" on Hey Pop's new blue ray player. The kids were a little distracting, so I'll have to watch it one night while Ken's at work. He refuses; too musical. It was a nice quiet (as can be with 3 kids under 6) and joyous Christmas. We are so grateful for the REAL reason for the season: Jesus Christ. This year I know I have learned to appreciate His birth, life, and atonement more than ever. He gave us the ultimate gift. Let us remember what He has given us and taught us, and rejoice in it. With a new year starting, I hope that I can remember that and take a little time each day to rejoice in it; not just leave it for the Christmas season. I hope you will too. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: