Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween 2008

We ended up going to the trunk or treat at the church, as usual. We were a little late because Ken gets off work later than usual at the bank and we wanted him to see the costumes. Ken dressed up as a Cleveland Indians Baseball fan for work. I was supposed to be a "HomeMaking Queen." I wore an apron with stuff pinned on it, like a calendar, a picture of a clock, a sewing needle. I even made a sash. We didn't get any pictures of us. No biggie. This is the one and only picture of all 3 kids right before James started wailing. Dinner time!!!
We started off the night with "Mummy Dogs" for the kids for dinner. I knew they wouldn't eat the chili at the church activity, so I made sure they ate. Cathryn had a 'naked' Mummy Dog, i.e. without the wrapping. She's not into the whole bread with the dog thing.
The kids & I had made these 'Globlins' after Blake got home from school. Blake chose Reese's Pieces for his eyes and Cathryn chose M&Ms. They're made of Kix cereal, like Rice Krispie treats. They have yet to try one, but Ken said they tasted okay.
Cathryn actually WANTED to put on her dress up dress. I had to take it in on the sides about an inch, then saftey pin it on in the back to get it to not fall off of her. She was a Princess Without a Crown. She wore a crown for about 5 minutes before we left. Cathryn even got to wear makeup!! What a pretty girl!!!
Blake started out wanting to be a dragon, but he didn't want wings. So, he changed his mind to a stegosaurus. I tacked on stiff felt spikes all the way down his jacket and attached an odd sock for the tail. He had a black baseball hat, but he didn't want me to put eyes or teeth on it. He was very ferocious!!!


James was our own little King James. I made a crown for him out of flexible foam and glued on jewels. We have a cape from 3 years ago when Blake was a super hero. James was tired and didn't know what to think of anything. He was cute though.
We ended up staying at the Trunk-or-Treat for about a half hour. Someone showed up with a scary lizard mask and was scaring the kids. Blake was REALLY freaked out and started crying that he wanted to go home. So, we left. I was by myself, or else we would have tried to stretch it a little. We stopped by a friend's house and the house across the street from theirs. By that time, they were ready to come home and go to bed. Which is what happened. It was a good Halloween, but I'm looking forward to next year when Ken can come with us!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

McFarland Family said...

So cute!! I wish I could have seen you. You globlins look good. I thought ours tasted good. The nutter-butters look good for the feet. Adorable kids.

Ticey said...

what cute costumes! everyone looks so great. we went to our trunk or treat too, and kaeden slept through the whole thing, so we stayed just long enough for the candy and then left, too. hooray for halloween!

Debra Willoughby said...

The kids look adorable! They are growing up so fast. I am glad that you have a blog. I check in often to see what you are up to. :)
Love,
Debra

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the pictures. Thanks for posting.