We went up to Alabama for Veteran's Day weekend. The REAL reason was to see my little sister, Bonnie, who just got home from her mission. We weren't able to be there for the airport part, but that's just as well. My parents' house can only hold so many people and with other siblings staying there for varying lengths of time, we were able to off set the number of people a little by going up there after most everyone had gone. We left Friday evening around 9:30pm EST and got there at 3:30am CST. Unfortunately the kids didn't want to go back to sleep. I don't know if they ever did or for how long. I said, I'm going to sleep. Be quiet and don't leave this room!! They woke us up a little before 7am saying, Mom, everyone else is awake. I said, Then go be with everyone else!!! It was a good visit. The kids' played with their cousins. My sister-in-law and I compared babies. (Hers is a month older than James.) We ate good food and got to take a trip to a brand-spankin' new Super Wal-Mart. It has faux columns in the front and everything. Very southern. We got to eat at the GREATEST Mexican restaurant ever (in my opinion): JALISCO'S!!! The kids even behaved fairly well. We brought Ginger to play with my parents' bassestt hound, Sally. We took a walk through the woods with Papa and educated Blake and my nephew Thomas on the kinds of trees we saw and deer prints left by a mama and baby deer. All in all, it was a nice visit. Everyone had fun and was sad to leave. We left Tuesday morning and got home just in time for Ken to go to work Tuesday night. I hope we can get back up there for a little longer soon and stop in Ft. Walton to see my grandparents. We didn't have time on this trip. I forgot I packed the camera and couldn't find it for the first day or so. Thus, we didn't get that many pictures, but here are a few.
James and his cousin Melodie. They are exactly 1 month apart.
James 7/18/08 Melodie 6/18/08
James 7/18/08 Melodie 6/18/08

2 comments:
Fun trip, glad y'all got home. Sorry we missed ya, but I guess you waited for us to leave on purpose.
I paid $1.999 per gallon tonight.
Post a Comment