Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!

Ken & I celebrated our 8th anniversary yesterday. A small summary: 8 years, 3 kids, and a dog; 4 places to live in Orlando and Saint Cloud; and about 7 years at UPS for Ken and over 5 years of stay-at-home-mom (SAHM) for me. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband to share my life with. I had to literally dig through a box or two to find some pictures of us from way back when. It seems like just yesterday in some ways.

The Courtship-Valentine Dance, Ricks College Feb. 2000 (It was also my birthday date.) We were engaged about a month later.

The Engagement-Daddy took us to the park in Evergreen and took some engagement photos for us. This is just one of them. (May 2000)

The Wedding-August 4, 2000, Atlanta, GA-I had limited pictures to choose from. I didn't really want a wedding dress, but my mom won on that one. It was WAY TOO HOT to be taking pictures outside. I was melting. We took the obligatory family pictures and a few shots of us in front of the temple like this, but there was another couple who got married at the same time who took the good shady spots. So this is what we have. :o)
Going Away- August 5, 2000-We had the reception the day after because of the drive from Atlanta back home. It's about 4 hours. This is walking out of the chapel to the truck to leave. It's the only time the WHOLE reception I wore shoes. It was casual and low-key, just like I wanted. If it wasn't so hot, I probably would have had a BBQ outside even. Anyway, Thanks to all that helped those days and to all that came to help us celebrate. I look forward to many more years of adventures with Ken. How I love that man!

2 comments:

Dead Poet said...

Ahhh, I remember the day you wore a turtleneck to church because of him. ;)

Heidi said...

I wore the turtleneck because it was cold. ;o)