Both Blake & Cathryn take Spanish in school. It's part of the curriculum. They already knew some from being in Florida, but they really had a great time learning more. They had an end of the year project. They had to print pictures of an example of a family member and label them with the correct Spanish name. We all had a great time looking at the pictures trying to figure out who and what pictures to pick. Blake's is the green poster board. Cathryn's is the orange. The labels were: Mis Hermanos, el hijo (for Blake), la hija (for Cate), mi papa, mi mama, mi hermana (only on Blake's for Cate), mi abuelo, mi abuela, mi tio, mi tia, mi primo, & mi prima. Cathryn decided to include Ginger in hers since she somehow thinks Ginger is still ours. She labeled Ginger 'mi perra' and I'm not sure if that was right or not. They look great and did all the gluing and labeling themselves.
This is a paragraph that Cathryn wrote at school. It's quite funny. :) Translation:
What I Learned in Kindergarten By Cate Danley
"I learned in kindergarten that verbs means something you do. I also learned that if you talk with your mouth full of food you will choke. And now I am a smarteepants."
What a silly girl!


1 comment:
Love these! So, does Cathryn go by Cate then? Do I need to remember to call her that?
Post a Comment