So Saturday evening Tate got a fever that just wouldn't go away. So, I called the "after hours" clinic here and they told me that since he was so young, they would just transfer him to Osan Airbase. His fever was around 101 and they said they aren't equipped to deal with babies that young. (Better get that way soon Humphreys!) Anyway, we just took him in to the ER in Osan. He also had a viral rash on his legs. They gave Tate amoxacillin, children's motrin, and infant tylenol. He's never been on any meds before, besides the over the counter tummy drops. He does NOT like taking the medicine, so it's a fight to get him to take all of it. Well, it's Tuesday and the fever still has not gone away. Which means I will probably end up taking him into our clinic sometime today or in the morning if it doesn't go away soon. The meds will bring it down, but as soon as they wear off it comes back.
On top of all this, James came home with a similar rash from his knees down on Sunday. Monday morning they looked a little like chicken pox, but they hadn't spread. So, Ken took James into the ER in Osan. The doctor gave him some medicine that is supposed to clear up almost any skin rashes/irritations. He didn't have any other symptoms of chicken pox or anything else. We're supposed to keep him away from other kids and give him the meds twice a day for 10 days. Otherwise, he's his usual normal self, running around like crazy. :)
So that's what it's been like for the past few days. I'm a little sleep deprived due to being up with Tate all night or at least half the night. And nothing else is getting done around the house because Tate doesn't like to lay down and I have to hold him more than half the time. Joys of parenting, right?

2 comments:
Heidi, Wow, I'm sorry Tate is having a hard time! We missed you Sunday and I hope he's doing better really soon. Lots of love, Alana
And it is just sooo easy to keep oone kid away from the others. I hope Tate starts doing better soon.
Post a Comment