Saturday, August 29, 2009

First day of school

Blake & Cathryn started school this week (HALLELUJAH!). Blake started first grade and loves it so far. We'll see how much when they start getting a lot of homework. He only has 1 person from his kindergarten class in his new class. I only had to walk him to class the first day so he could find his room. Cathryn started Pre-K (due to her late b-day) and loves her teachers. She goes for 3 hours in the morning, Monday - Friday. She has already made 2-3 friends she always talks about. She likes the songs and story time. Oh the joys of having only 1 kid at home, even for a couple of hours. I forgot how nice it is to go to the store with just 1 kid, who doesn't even really talk (except for "da, dat, da, dat" in various voice ranges and tones). Oh happy day!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Brent Danley said...

Very cool! If my kids don't come home with homework I give them supplemental assignments. :)

Heidi said...

He's had homework, which he wasn't expecting the first week of school, but I know he's going to start getting more as they move along.