Well, we first met Alicia in November 2005 in Goldenrod Ward when we went to visit our old stomping grounds. Lourdes and Frank Alonso have been friends of ours since we moved into Goldenrod Ward. Lourdes introduced us to Alicia, her daughter while we were visiting that november. 2 months later, she shows up in our ward, needing to see someone she recognized. Well, there I was, lugging Cathryn in and out because she was in that awkward toddler stage where she didn't want to sit still. A month or 2 later, we meet Mike, the other half. We discover our love of board games in mutual and we stuck up a weekly game night. Sometimes Rummikub, other times Mexican Train or Phase 10. Whatever struck our fancy that night. Well, low and behold, Mike decides to get BAPTIZED somewhere in that time frame. We're there to welcome into the ward and visit with the people who drove down from Orlando to support him. The friendships between us have grown and blossomed. I truly believe that we all knew each other "before," if you know what I mean. Our kids love all of them. They love our kids. I can't imagine what the past 2 1/2 years would have been like if we hadn't been there for each other, as individuals and families. And now . . . . . ALICIA'S LEAVING!!! Mike's been gone for a few months, in the skinny part of Idaho. Alicia flies out Oct. 7th to see him and stay for a month or so. And when she gets back, I don't know if we'll be here!! So, we went to Natalie's 1st birthday party Saturday and Alicia stopped by Monday afternoon for a bit. I think she knew if she stayed longer we would both be Sally Sob Stories. I will miss the Thursday night get togethers with Alicia and sometimes Natalie. (Ugly Betty ROCKS!!!!) I'll miss seeing the kids play and getting together with Alicia's sister and having all 5 kids just go wild and enjoy themselves. BUT I know it's not forever. We'll both get settled wherever we're supposed to be and visit each other whenever we can. So, Thanks to the Ryans for being our friends, and more than that, becoming part of our family. We've had a good run here in Florida and pray that it will continue elsewhere, wherever we all are eventually. Okay, so I'll stop the sob story now before I can't see the keyboard to type anymore. I'll just say WE LOVE YOU GUYS AND WE'LL MISS YOU!!!!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment